2013-12-10 – EightOh9 has been informed that the Corporate Rights Project has filed a petition on behalf of the corporation Citizens United for a writ of habeas corpus in the District Court of the State of Denial seeking, as a legal person, to be freed from captivity to its board of directors. The following is the petition:
STATE OF DENIAL
In the Matter of a Proceeding for
a Writ of Habeas Corpus,
The CORPORATE RIGHTS PROJECT
on behalf of CITIZENS UNITED,
BOARD OF DIRECTOR of CITIZENS UNITED,
PETITIONERS, by their attorney WISE GUY, ESQ. allege as follows:
1. This petition is for a common law writ of habeas corpus pursuant to Rule 66 of the State of Denial Code.
2. State of Denial law permits any person unlawfully detained or any person acting on his behalf to seek a writ of habeas corpus and require the detainers to demonstrate the basis for the detention and denial of liberty.
3. By decision of the United States Supreme Court in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, petitioner CITIZENS UNITED, a not-for-profit corporation was determined to be a legal person.
4. Petitioner CITIZENS UNITED is under the detention and control of respondent BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
5. As a legal person, petitioner, CITIZENS UNITED , is entitled to challenge the legality of its detention and control by respondent BOARD OF DIRECTORS through the issuance of a common law writ of habeas corpus by this Court.
WHEREFORE, petitioners respectfully demand the following relief:
A. Issuance of a writ of habeas corpus demanding respondents demonstrate forthwith the basis for the detention and denial of liberty to petitioner CITIZENS UNITED.
B. Upon a determination that petitioner CITIZENS UNITED is being illegally detained, ordering its release forthwith to walk the earth in liberty in the manner of all legal persons.
C. Awarding Petitioner the costs of this action; and
D. Granting such other and further relief as this Court deems just and proper.